Connect Network Solutions Domain to Weebly
Connecting your custom Network Solutions from Hover to Weebly is pretty straightforward and relatively easy.
The first one is to add the domain as the Site Address in Weebly and the second is to point your domain to the IP address assigned to your site.
Part 1. Add your existing domain in Weebly
- Login to your Weebly.com account
- Select the website you wish to link to your domain.
- Click the Settings tab at the top
- Under General > Site address click the Change button.
- Click the Connect or transfer now link below the search field.
- Enter your domain name.
- Click the Connect your domain option.
You’ll be shown two options for making the necessary DNS changes to your domain: One for doing it yourself, and one for emailing your domain host for assistance.
Choose one of these options and follow the steps to get your DNS records updated to point to the provided IP address.
Don’t forget to publish your website to the new site address when the process is complete.
Part 2. Point Your Network Solutions Domain to Weebly IP address
This part varies depending who’s the DNS provider of your domain name.
But if you’re using Network Solutions name servers, you just need to point the root domain @ and subdomain www to the same Weebly IP address. Example Weebly resource records:
Network Solutions: Connect Domain To Weebly IP address
Creating A records
- Log in to the Account Manager, then select My Domain Names.
- Select the domain name you want to change or click Manage next to the domain.
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points.
- Select Advanced DNS, then click Continue.
- Select the type of record you want to change.
Edit or add A Record
- In the IP Address (A Records) section, click the Edit A Records button.
- To remove and replace existing Numeric IP addresses, select the box next to each A Record you need to delete, then click Continue. Click Save Changes on the Confirm DNS Changes page.
- To add the new Host and Numeric IP addresses or update the existing Numeric IP addresses, enter the appropriate information in the text boxes.
- If needed, modify the TTL settings, and then click the Continue button. The TTL default is 7200.
- A confirmation page appears that verifies your records were updated. Review the information carefully, and then click the Save Changes button.
- You have changed the IP Address for the A Records.
Once you’ve updated the domain’s DNS settings, return to your Weebly site and publish it.
Due to DNS propagation delay, you may not be able to see the changes immediately.
All DNS changes may take 24 – 48 hours to fully take effect across the entire internet. This delay is also known as DNS propagation.
If the DNS has been properly configured and the domain has been added successfully through Weebly, it’s just a matter of time before you see the domain integrated with your Weebly website.
If you have another domain from a different domain registrar that you wish to connect with Weebly, check this post.Back to top
Some of the links on the Website may be "affiliate links". This means if you click on the link and sign up or purchase an item, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please check Disclaimer for more info.