Connect Name.com Domain to Weebly
Connecting your custom Name.com from Hover to Weebly is pretty straightforward and relatively easy.
The first one is to add the domain as the Site Address in Weebly and the second is to point your domain to the IP address assigned to your site.
Part 1. Add your existing domain in Weebly
- Login to your Weebly.com account
- Select the website you wish to link to your domain.
- Click the Settings tab at the top
- Under General > Site address click the Change button.
- Click the Connect or transfer now link below the search field.
- Enter your domain name.
- Click the Connect your domain option.
You’ll be shown two options for making the necessary DNS changes to your domain: One for doing it yourself, and one for emailing your domain host for assistance.
Choose one of these options and follow the steps to get your DNS records updated to point to the provided IP address.
Don’t forget to publish your website to the new site address when the process is complete.
Part 2. Point Your Name.com Domain to Weebly IP address
This part varies depending who’s the DNS provider of your domain name.
But if you’re using Name.com name servers, you just need to point the root domain @ and subdomain www to the same Weebly IP address. Example Weebly resource records:
Name.com: Connect Domain To Weebly IP address
Creating A records
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an A record for.
- Click on Manage DNS Records.
- Here you will add the desired A record, provided by your host. Typically you would create 2 records – a naked record and for subdomains (including www):
First A record:
- Leave the drop-down menu Type as A
- Leave the Host field blank
- Enter or copy+paste Weebly IP address(ex. 126.96.36.199) into the Answer field.
- Leave TTL as 300 (default)
- Click the blue Add Record button.
Repeat the same steps, but this time, use www in the Host field and point it to the same Weebly IP address.
Once you’ve updated the domain’s DNS settings, return to your Weebly site and publish it.
Due to DNS propagation delay, you may not be able to see the changes immediately.
All DNS changes may take 24 – 48 hours to fully take effect across the entire internet. This delay is also known as DNS propagation.
If the DNS has been properly configured and the domain has been added successfully through Weebly, it’s just a matter of time before you see the domain integrated with your Weebly website.
If you have another domain from a different domain registrar that you wish to connect with Weebly, check this post.Back to top
Some of the links on the Website may be "affiliate links". This means if you click on the link and sign up or purchase an item, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please check Disclaimer for more info.