Connect 123-Reg Domain to Weebly
Connecting your custom domain from 1and1 to Weebly is pretty straightforward and relatively easy.
The first one is to add the domain as the Site Address in Weebly and the second is to point your domain to the IP address assigned to your site.
Part 1. Add your existing domain in Weebly
- Login to your Weebly.com account
- Select the website you wish to link to your domain.
- Click the Settings tab at the top
- Under General > Site address click the Change button.
- Click the Connect or transfer now link below the search field.
- Enter your domain name.
- Click the Connect your domain option.
You’ll be shown two options for making the necessary DNS changes to your domain: One for doing it yourself, and one for emailing your domain host for assistance.
Choose one of these options and follow the steps to get your DNS records updated to point to the provided IP address.
Don’t forget to publish your website to the new site address when the process is complete.
Part 2. Point Your Domain to Weebly IP address
This part varies depending who’s the DNS provider of your domain name.
But if you’re using 1and1(IONOS) name servers, you just need to point the root domain @ and subdomain www to the same Weebly IP address.
Example Weebly resource records:
1. Login to your 123 Reg control panel. In the Domain names section, select the relevant domain name in the drop-down list and click on the Manage button.
2. Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click on the Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME, TXT) link.
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab.
4. Select A from the Type drop down list.
5. In the Hostname field enter www or @ symbol.
In the Destination address field enter the Weebly IP address.
Please note: You need to point the root domain (example.com) by using the @ symbol. This means that people can enter example.com into their browser and be directed to your IP address, whereas entering www will mean that the user will have to enter www.example.com.
In this cases, you need to add both records so that users can enter either www.example.com or just example.com
6. Click on the Add new entry button to save the new record.
Note: If this record is to replace an existing record you can delete the original record by pressing the delete button.
Once you’ve updated the domain’s DNS settings, return to your Weebly site and publish it.
Due to DNS propagation delay, you may not be able to see the changes immediately.
All DNS changes may take 24 – 48 hours to fully take effect across the entire internet. This delay is also known as DNS propagation.
If the DNS has been properly configured and the domain has been added successfully through Weebly, it’s just a matter of time before you see the domain integrated with your Weebly website.
If you have another domain from a different domain registrar that you wish to connect with Weebly, check this post.Back to top
Some of the links on the Website may be "affiliate links". This means if you click on the link and sign up or purchase an item, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please check Disclaimer for more info.